Dust and Miscellaneous Portal
The most common activities submitted through the Dust and Miscellaneous (DM) portal are Dust Control Permits and Subcontractor Registrations. Knowing the difference will help you navigate the portal.
The following activities can be completed through the Dust and Miscellaneous Portal:
- Subcontractor Registration: Registration for subcontractors working on a site with a dust control permit, who are not responsible for the project.
- Dust Control Permit: Permits issued to project owners responsible for the project that will disturb a surface area equal to or greater than .10 acre (4,356 square feet).
- Tanker Truck: Vapor Certification Decals for tanker trucks.
- Open Burn: Burning wood or other materials allowed by Rule 314.
- Block Permit: A dust control block permit is only allowed for government agencies and utility companies.
- Invoice Payment: Allows for payment of invoices without creating a portal account.
Users must create an account through the DM portal to access the portal.
STEP 1: Review guidance document to create an account on the DM Portal.
STEP 2: Login to the DM Portal to access your account.
STEP 3: Access applicable guidance documents from resource links below to navigate through the portal.
Are you working on a site with a dust control permit, but not responsible for the project? Follow instructions to submit your registration.
Access additional information on the Subcontractor Registration resource page.
Are you the responsible party for a project that will disturb a surface area equal to or greater than .10 acre (4,356 square feet)? Follow instructions to submit your application. (Projects under this size do not require a permit.)
Need to close, revise, or "renew" your Dust Control Permit? Dust control permit updates are processed through the Dust and Miscellaneous Portal.
- Closing a Dust Control Permit (PDF)
- Dust Control Permit Revisions (PDF)
- Submitting a New Application for an Expiring Dust Control Permit (PDF)
Looking for public information?
Are you needing a Vapor Certification Decal or renewal for your Tanker Truck?
- Completing a Tanker Truck Certification (Vapor Decal) through the Dust and Miscellaneous Portal (PDF)
- Access additional information on the Tank Truck Certification (Vapor Decal) resource page.
Are you needing to burn wood or other materials allowed by Rule 314?
- Completing an Open Burn Permit Application through the Dust and Miscellaneous Portal (PDF)
- Access additional information on the Burn Permits resource page.
A block permit is only allowed for government agencies and utility companies. If unsure, contact the Maricopa County Air Quality Department (MCAQD) Development Services Unit at AQPermits@maricopa.gov or call 602-506-6702.
A DM Portal account is not needed to pay an invoice, only an invoice number. Access the DM Portal and select "Invoices" without logging in to search for an invoice and proceed with payment.
Instrucciones del portal están bajo proceso de actualización. Disponibles próximamente.
Para asistencia sobre Permisos de Control de Polvo, Registración de Subcontratista, Permisos de Quema, y asistencia técnica, llame a 602-506-6010 (opción 2) o por correo a AQPermits@maricopa.gov.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the portal, please call 602-506-7833. For assistance with completing tasks within the portal, call 602-506-6010 or email AQPermits@maricopa.gov.