Floodplain Review Board Process
Review Board Process
- Appeals to the Floodplain Review Board shall be filed with the Floodplain Administrator within thirty (30) calendar days of the receipt of notice of the decision to be appealed, or sixty (60) calendar days from the date of the decision whichever is earlier.
- The Floodplain Review Board shall fix a time for hearing the appeal and give notice to the parties in interest and to the public. The Floodplain Review Board shall hear and decide the appeal within a reasonable time. Hearing dates shall coincide with the Flood Control Advisory Board (FCAB) schedule or at another time as deemed necessary. Meetings are scheduled for the fourth Wednesday of every month.
- Fifteen (15) days before the Hearing, a notice shall be sent to parties in interest and the public by posting the site and publication of the meeting agenda.
- Except for appeal for interpretation of the Regulations, the property shall be posted as to the time, date, and location of the hearing.
- At least five (5) days before the Hearing, a copy of the agenda and staff report shall be mailed/emailed to the applicant and appellant and the materials for the Appeal or Interpretation sent to the Floodplain Review Board.
- The Hearing is conducted in accordance with open meeting law. Staff will present a narrative report and the applicant or others wishing to speak shall be allowed to present to the Floodplain Review Board.
- Any appellant aggrieved by a decision of the Floodplain Review Board may, within thirty (30) calendar days of such decision, appeal to the Board of Directors by filing a written notice of appeal with the Clerk of the Board on an Appeal or Interpretation Application Form (PDF) provided by the Floodplain Administrator.
- Any appellant aggrieved by a decision of the Board of Directors may file a special action in Superior Court of the State of Arizona.
Note: Any interpretation of the regulations issued by the Floodplain Review Board shall only affect the dispute between the appellant and district employees.
Floodplain Review Board Schedule
All Regular Flood Control Advisory Board (FCAB) meetings are held at 2:00 pm, in the Adobe Conference Room of the Flood Control District of Maricopa County located at 2801 West Durango Street, Phoenix AZ.
Meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of each month, except for December when the meeting will be held on the first Wednesday of the month. Meetings will not be scheduled in July or November, unless called by the Chairman of the FCAB.
Applications should be submitted to the Floodplain Administrator at least 30 calendar days prior to the FCAB scheduled meeting date in order for the information to be reviewed by staff and placed on the agenda if all of the information is complete.
|Meeting Date||Application Submittal Deadline||15 Day Notification, Post||5 Day Notification|
|January 22||December 23, 2018||January 7||January 17|
|February 26||January 27||February 11||February 21|
|March 25||February 24||March 10||March 20|
|April 22||March 23||April 7||April 17|
|May 27||April 27||May 12||May 22|
|June 24||May 25||June 9||June 19|
|July - No Meeting||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|August 26||July 27||August 11||August 21|
|September 23||August 24||September 8||September 18|
|October 28||September 28||October 13||October 23|
|November - No Meeting||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|December 2||November 2||November 17||November 27|